Monday, February 7, 2011

A Meme

I don't normally do the meme thing. Especially since they extremely very much often have nothing to do with the subject of this blog.

But hey, "7 deadly sins"? Talk about NOTHING to do with the blog. I've heard that the 7 deadly sins have something to do with one of those branches of Christianity. Or maybe all of them? Dunno.

Anyway, this looks particularly self-absorption-inducing and I love me some self-absorption.

I think it's "supposed" to be one sin per day, but let's just throw them all out at once:

Day 1: Pride - 7 Great Things about Yourself
  1. Me? I've got mad skillz at hating myself.
  2. I am the world's worst granddaughter. I could win a prize. Really.
  3. According to the people I know in real life, I am the world's greatest humanitarian, single-handedly saving the world for all the poor kids with sucky parents.
  4. I sleep very well.
  5. I get lots of great ideas. It's the follow-through that's the problem.
  6. I make a killer lime cheesecake.
  7. I'm very good at data entry.
Day 2: Envy - 7 Things You Lack or Covet
  1. Yarn. I mean, I have some. But I want it all.
  2. Good friendships. Or the ability to have good friendships.
  3. Self-confidence. Or was that not obvious already?
  4. A house. (As in, I want to own a house. With a sunroom with tiled floor, and with a yard.)
  5. Goals.
  6. Athletic inclination.
  7. Clothes that fit.
Day 3: Wrath - 7 Things that Piss You Off
  1. People who stand by the door of the subway at rush hour when there are seats available
  2. People who are obviously walking slower than me who cut me off in crosswalks having caught up to me at the light.
  3. Needing to go to work.
  4. People at work who call multiple times with the same question.
  5. Not enough hours in the day. I need more hours, people!
  6. When my coworkers don't answer the phone and I have to.
  7. Stupid people.
Day 4: Sloth - 7 Things You Neglect to Do
  1. Dishes.
  2. Vacuum.
  3. Wash the kitchen floor.
  4. Change my car's oil.
  5. Review my credit report every year.
  6. Go to bed at a reasonable hour.
  7. Invite people for Shabbat meals.
Day 5: Greed - 7 Worldly Material Desires
  1. Shoes. If I go to the mall, I will undoubtedly come home with shoes that I didn't intend to buy. (I went yesterday for a specific pair/function of shoes; came home with those and another pair. Not my fault, though--Odessa made me go to the extra shoe store!)
  2. Yarn.
  3. Books.
  4. DVDs of my favorite TV shows.
  5. Earrings and necklaces.
  6. Craft supplies.
  7. I need a new mattress and I love to sleep; can I count a mattress as a "worldly material desire"?
Day 6: Gluttony - 7 Guilty Pleasures
  1. Cola. I don't actually have a brand preference though I gravitate towards the one whose initials are CC. This is reason number 1 why my clothes don't fit.
  2. Dunkin Donuts coffee with cream and sugar. This is reason number 2 why my clothes don't fit.
  3. Grey's Anatomy and West Wing. And Glee. And Private Practice (a season and a half behind, no spoilers please).
  4. Twitter.
  5. French fries. Or spaghetti. Not together.
  6. Cheese.
  7. Anything made with ground beef. (Have you noticed that most of my guilty pleasures involve calories?)
Day 7: Lust - 7 Love Secrets
  1. See: April Kempner from Grey's Anatomy. Though I guess that while this is a secret, it isn't so much a sin.
  2. Oh dear G-d I have to come up with 6 more?

No comments:

Post a Comment