- "cute draws" (she asked for these; I bought them last night, hooray for suburbs)
- socks (she has been wearing mismatched socks; I don't know if it's a fashion statement or a lack of socks. I bought three pairs of cute regular socks and three pairs of knee-highs.)
- two pairs of not-at-all-subtle tights (also bought last night)
- a word-a-day calendar because she asked me to help her learn a new word a week.
- two necklaces that I am going to make (I have the beads and chains, just need to make them)
- books (from the used book store, I think, since I can get more books for less there)
- a going-to-college-sized suitcase
- a quilt that I will make
- if I have time, I will knit her a scarf
She wants a digital camera, an iPod, and a laptop. I might get her a netbook if the budget allows, since this was the very first thing I thought about getting her. She has a bit of an entitlement issue (all teenagers do, and being in care I think contributes to it) so I'm a little torn about it, but I think it really will come down to budget rather than to attitude.
This list doesn't include little things that I'm sure I'll pick up over the next few weeks. But if you have any other good ideas for presents, I'm all ears!