Friday, September 25, 2009

Pigs are flying

I'm licensed! Woah! Hooray! And it only took 55 weeks.

I got the email from Licensing Worker earlier today confirming that all is well and the license (do you all have actual paper licenses? I will, and I think I'm required to hang it in my home) will be mailed in a few weeks.

Lest you think that Licensing Worker actually displayed competence, however, in sending me the email, you should know that my new Support Worker called yesterday. (Okay, confession time. I didn't realize that the Support Worker had left me a message so I didn't realize this until after I got LW's email.)

Support Worker, on the other hand, has already defied my (very low) expectations. Hopefully the trend will continue. Support Worker, who will get a name, I assume, once I know her, left a message yesterday and when I didn't call her back, called me AGAIN today. None of this "let's leave it for a week and when she doesn't call back we'll just forget about it" stuff. And not only that, but she called at 4:45. On a Friday. She wasn't checked out and ready to get started on her weekend. No. She followed up. Late on Friday afternoon. Wow.

So Support Worker is coming to my apartment on Wednesday; I don't know why or what to expect, but now I KNOW that Sunday and Tuesday are going to be spent cleaning. Things have gotten, well, a little out of hand.

P.S. If you have any idea what I should be prepared for when Support Worker comes, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been a very long (and patient) wait for you to finally have your license.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the license. In my experience, they come over to meet you so they can get a sense of you and your home/family. This helps them in placing children that would be a good fit for your home. My first visit was very informal. We just chatted for an hour or so and she answered any questions that I had.

    ReplyDelete