Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Impatience

Just a short bit about myself. I'm not the most patient person in the world. This is a problem tonight.

1. I'm in the middle of two knitting projects. One is a scarf. (Thanks to Yondalla who linked to this pattern quite some time ago.) I'm on row 260+. It's long enough to wear but not nearly as long as a scarf you would find in a store. I have plenty of yarn left in the ginormous skein that I've been shlepping with me from place to place at least since I started law school. But I Want. To. Be. Finished. The other project is a wine gift bag. I'm making up the pattern as I go. It's in 5 pieces. Each side is 70 rows. I'm on row 37 of the second side. And I Want. To. Be. Finished. Noting a theme here?

2. My job search. I have lots of leads even though I'm not doing terribly much towards them at the moment. Today I heard about a job that will be posted next week. I heard about this job from the person doing the hiring. Before I even knew about the job, she (oh let's call her Possible New Boss--PNB--just for the sake of convenience) emailed her boss to ask if they could hire me. PNB's boss--who I also know, pretty well in fact from a professional perspective--said that I would have to apply. But really, doesn't this sound pretty good? First response of PNB to hearing that my job is being eliminated is "this is horrible, we need to find you a job." Second response of PNB is to email her boss to try to hire me. So now I'm irresponsibly tempted to forego any job searching this week, and Can't. Wait. until next week. But it's only Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment