Monday, August 10, 2009

Public Service Announcement #2

I've alluded before to my professional life (for example, here) -- by which I refer to what I am supposed to be doing while sitting at my desk, rather than blogging, etc. I work for my local government in education (broadly speaking), and have had the opportunity to do a decent amount of policy-related work regarding kids in care and education. Through this work, I recently learned about a conference call tomorrow that you might be interested in.

Here are the details:

This is a reminder that the The Legal Center for Foster Care and Education will be hosting a conference callTOMORROW that explores the link between improving educational outcomes and achieving permanency for children in care. The call will feature speakers who have or are currently conducting research indicating a link between school success and increasing rates of permanency.

The discussion will also highlight several education-related factors that undermine or support permanency goals, the correlation between educationally at-risk youth and those at-risk of failing to achieve permanency, and the role of education issues in permanency planning.The call will take place on Tomorrow, August 11th at 3pm (Eastern).

Conference Dial-in Number:218-339-4300

Participant Access Code:427775

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads up! I love getting credit hours through phone-ins - no babysitting necessary. Coincidentally, sounds like a good topic too.

    ReplyDelete