Monday, June 15, 2009

Pics

Since it's not like I have anything better to do (ha!), I thought I'd show you a bit of what the kiddo's room looks like, now that it's all ready. This is my first effort at posting photos, so if it's rather amateur, please forgive me.

This is the bed (duh) and the wall behind it. The gold stars are from a convention that I planned in college. I spent so much time covering those darned stars with that gold paper that I have shlepped them around with me for the last ten years, just waiting until there was an opportunity to re-use them. I considered covering the wall with dark blue wrapping paper, and sticking the stars to that, but decided that the paper probably wouldn't last well at the head of the bed. (Wrapping paper on the wall is my trademark decorating technique. It's elsewhere in the kiddo's room, as well as in my living room and in the hallway.)

The blanket was mine growing up, as was the teddy bear. This poor guy is missing an eye. He has a brother sitting on the dresser with both of his eyes. I remember the year that my Big Sister and I got these as presents; the odd thing is that there is a third, and I don't have a clue how that one came to us.

This is the mirror that my freecyclers helped hang, over the dresser that I put together all by myself. (IKEA, it's not like it was that impressive.) The paint can-looking thing on the dresser I bought on sale for gift-giving purposes. I'm collecting little goodies that will be appropriate to give to each Kiddo when they come. The paint can has the beginnings of the first set (a giveaway plush house; a key chain with my address and phone number that can get put on the kiddo's zipper pull--not so helpful in summer, admittedly, unless it goes on a backpack instead of a jacket; some stickers).

I didn't take pictures of: the bookcase that right now has only stuffed animals on it (all of my kids' books are on the bottom shelf of the living room bookcase), the fabric-covered bulletin board squares that it turns out aren't thick enough to put thumbtacks in so they are completely pointless, or the cool wrapping paper that I did hang elsewhere in the room.

In other news, my basil plant (Ponty, short for J. Pierpont Finch, as I bought the basil at the same time as a rosemary plant) is not doing well. Hopefully his illness (or the fact that I've named my plants) will not be seen as an indication of my ability (or lack thereof) to care for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment