Monday, November 23, 2009

It occurs to me...

...in my disjointed way of blogging (this combined with frequent facebook updates for the people who know me in real life) that I've not actually said all that much about Sabrina!

She's quite a monkey, which I'm trying to get used to.  We went to a playground on Saturday afternoon and she climbed all sorts of places that I wouldn't have climbed at her age. Or now.  I was trying to convince myself the whole time that the playground wouldn't have ladders that go up to 5 feet if they didn't want kids to climb them.

She also is very bright.  I don't have other 4 year olds to compare her to, but she can count to 29 (she skips 16 regularly) and answers all the questions on SuperWhy. (Thank goodness for streaming Netflix. There's only so much Elmo in Grouchland that I can handle.  And these shows are much more educational.)  She is an amazing problem solver.  I don't know if this is because she has had to do So Much for herself at home, if it's a sign of her brightness, or if it's developmentally appropriate for her age, but I've been impressed at things she's done that I don't think I knew how to do at 4.  

She's very definitely a 4 year old, with her "I can do it" complex.  I've found that a good way to get her to do something that she doesn't want to do is to start to do it myself.  

She doesn't like me to smile at her, which I'm having a lot of trouble with.  

She's generally good at please and thank you, but any frustration and she gets B.O.S.S.Y.  I suppose I do the same, but I can't seem to get across that I'm the grown up and in charge!  

It took me three days to realize that "Mamie" is actually "maybe."  Everything makes so much more sense now. 

I'm is done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment