Sunday, November 1, 2009

A recap

Alas, today was, in something approximating the language of our time, a major fail.

After my earlier post, I broke down and went to 7-11 for my very large cherry coke. (I should say, in my defense, that my very large soda is a Big Gulp, not a Double Gulp or the other insanely large size. And I get the Big Gulp instead of the Gulp--how funny are these names--because I did once and I keep my cup to get the refill price.)

It's 8:10 and here is the breakdown of what I've consumed today:
* too much pasta (breakfast and lunch)
* Carolina BBQ flavor potato chips
* very large cherry coke
* 2 s'mores
* a beer
* some water

Hence, the major fail.

However, it wasn't all bad. And despite my strong desire to beat myself up over my failings of the day, I know that tomorrow will be better.

Today, I finished a cover letter (application to be delivered tomorrow because they want hard copies, but emailed to the would-be boss this evening), mostly cleaned out my car, knit a few rows of a scarf, and got somewhat caught up on my blog reading. (Yeah that last was a REALLY high priority. Ummm...)

So let me tell you about my plans for tomorrow. Perhaps telling the world will give me some accountability?

In order, I will do the following:
  1. Deliver job application.
  2. Visit the Coast Guard recruiter. (Crazy.)
  3. Go to Costco to buy lettuce, frozen strawberries, and goat cheese. Maybe they'll have yeast, too, so I won't have to make a second stop.
  4. Bake oatmeal bread.
  5. While bread rises, call the phone company to figure out the $15 monthly charge for internet premium technical support. (Yes, I should have called in July when they first billed me for it. Better late than never.)
  6. Deliver dinner (salad and bread) to my friends with a new baby.
I also need to do laundry at some point, though the world won't come to an end if it doesn't happen until next week. (Vacation in warmer climes and returning to full-on autumn means that all of my seasonal clothes are still clean. Hooray!)

And that doesn't even get into the question of the rest of my to-do list. Have a good week; I'll see you when I'm done drowning!

No comments:

Post a Comment