After my earlier post, I broke down and went to 7-11 for my very large cherry coke. (I should say, in my defense, that my very large soda is a Big Gulp, not a Double Gulp or the other insanely large size. And I get the Big Gulp instead of the Gulp--how funny are these names--because I did once and I keep my cup to get the refill price.)
It's 8:10 and here is the breakdown of what I've consumed today:
* too much pasta (breakfast and lunch)
* Carolina BBQ flavor potato chips
* very large cherry coke
* 2 s'mores
* a beer
* some water
Hence, the major fail.
However, it wasn't all bad. And despite my strong desire to beat myself up over my failings of the day, I know that tomorrow will be better.
Today, I finished a cover letter (application to be delivered tomorrow because they want hard copies, but emailed to the would-be boss this evening), mostly cleaned out my car, knit a few rows of a scarf, and got somewhat caught up on my blog reading. (Yeah that last was a REALLY high priority. Ummm...)
So let me tell you about my plans for tomorrow. Perhaps telling the world will give me some accountability?
In order, I will do the following:
- Deliver job application.
- Visit the Coast Guard recruiter. (Crazy.)
- Go to Costco to buy lettuce, frozen strawberries, and goat cheese. Maybe they'll have yeast, too, so I won't have to make a second stop.
- Bake oatmeal bread.
- While bread rises, call the phone company to figure out the $15 monthly charge for internet premium technical support. (Yes, I should have called in July when they first billed me for it. Better late than never.)
- Deliver dinner (salad and bread) to my friends with a new baby.
And that doesn't even get into the question of the rest of my to-do list. Have a good week; I'll see you when I'm done drowning!