Friday, March 12, 2010

Consequences

Today has been a big day for consequences, and it is only 10:30!

Consequence #1: if you get dressed and ready before 7 am, you get to watch Dora! Yay! And maybe even TWO Doras! (Or the same one, twice. I had better get this song out of my head before my interview.)

Consequence #2: if you refuse to put the yarn down when I ask, and refuse again after I tell you that I will turn Dora off, then I will turn Dora off. Boo.

Consequence #3: if you (the parent) follow through on a consequence, you will feel lousy when your kiddo starts bawling.

Consequence #4: if you (the parent) follow through on enough consequences, your kiddo might finally have a bawling tantrum instead of hitting and biting.

Consequence #5: if the kiddo has a bawling tantrum, she just might let you pick her up and carry her to the car.

Consequence #6: if #5 works out on a Friday, the kiddo won't be able to take her bags full of underwear and toys to her daddy's house (because I just can't carry two coats, two bags, a purse, and a bookbag, AND a four year old). (Boo for her, yay for me.)

Consequence #7: If I say that you can have juice when you are seatbelted in the car, you can have juice when you are seatbelted in the car. Yay.

Consequence #8: When they are doing sewer work outside your apartment and frequently shut the water off during the day, don't put off your shower until after taking the little one to school. You will end up needing to go to a job interview unshowered. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment