Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How can I possibly be trusted to raise someone else's kids?

I had big plans today. I was going to go to Tar-jay for Christmas presents (because of course I knew I should buy them in advance) and the supermarket for a bunch of staples that I ran out of at the same time (flour, sugar, oil, chocolate chips), then I was going to send a fax to Sabrina's doctor to get some paperwork signed and a prescription for one of her inhalers, wash all of my dirty dishes, do a load of laundry, and clean up a mess of easel paper. I was NOT going to eat any pasta, rice, or bread (because I need to eat vegetables and if I defaulted to spaghetti and grilled cheese, that wasn't going to happen). And I was not going to sit in front of the TV/computer watching DVDs and knitting.

I went to Target and the supermarket. I washed the dishes that fit in the dish drainer but no more. I ate spaghetti for lunch. And for the past 7 or 8 hours have watched 2 episodes of 30Rock, a movie, 4 episodes of West Wing, and knitted. Alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment