Thursday, February 25, 2010

Babysitting

Okay, John's not coming back as a babysitter. As I left my building, I met his girlfriend, who came to babysit with him. I don't mind the girlfriend. (Well, I do, kind of.) I mind that he didn't ask if she could come. I spent the entire 24 hour period prior to him babysitting prepping Sabrina. And in all of our conversations, we only talked about John. So Sabrina had no clue. And I wasn't even still there to introduce her. NOT COOL. Ever, but particularly with a foster kid.

Also, John came at 6:30 and Sabrina was in her PJs and telling me that she was tired. Did I tell John "okay, Sabrina doesn't have an official bedtime but you should start the bedtime routine now?" No. I said "Sabrina is tired so you can start the bedtime routine now." I got home at 9:00 and John said that Sabrina had been in bed for about a half hour. Woah? Now I know to be more explicit. (I guess my full page, bullet list explanation of how bedtime works wasn't good enough.)

1 comment:

  1. OK, the girlfriend thing I totally agree on. I think you need to let go of the bed time thing though. She was in bed and John was not ripping his hair out. That is a babysitting victory in foster care land.

    ReplyDelete