Thursday, February 18, 2010

My name is...

...Foster Ima, and I'm a workaholic.

You'd never guess it, I think, from my five months of unemployment. But I started a volunteer position today, and it just confirmed that I suffer from this disease.

I volunteer from 10-2. This schedule allows me to take Sabrina to school, return home, and then go to the office by public transportation, and then do the reverse to pick her up. Because she gets picked up by her social worker on Thursdays and her dad on Fridays, I have a little bit of leeway at the end of the day. So today I arrive (late, oops) and work away until 2 pm. But it just felt "too early" to leave, and I still had work to do. I forced myself to leave at 2:10 so that I don't get in the habit of staying later than I can, but this could be a problem. No one leaves work at 2 pm!


No comments:

Post a Comment