Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nope, not frozen to death. Yet.

Since school closed early on Friday and has been closed ever since, Sabrina is still with her dad. Even if there is school tomorrow (not lookin' so likely right now), I won't see her 'til next Tuesday since Friday school is closed for a professional development day. So without her cute-ness around, I haven't had much to blog about.

Instead, I have been knitting. And knitting. And knitting. Yesterday I was able to get out of the house and went to my local yarn shop -- which isn't terribly local, but is owned by a friend -- with my knitting to meet a friend. He and I knit for a while, I met his (horrifically ugly, but we won't tell him that) dog, and then when the snow started falling again, I headed for home.

This morning I ventured out to volunteer at a food distribution center. I don't know the technical name (not a food bank, not a soup kitchen, but the level in between), but they prepare food that is then delivered to shelters, and they run a culinary training program. It's a great organization, and with the awful weather, they were in need of some extra manpower. It wasn't so bad getting there this morning, though I missed the subway by all of about 15 seconds and had to wait a full half hour for the next train, but coming back my snot froze. Yes, you read that right. I used the word "snot."

Anyway, I just need to share my progress on the knitting front. I'm making a skirt, and the directions after row 10 are basically "knit, and keep knitting until it's long enough." (There are some rows with increases so it gets a little wider as the skirt gets longer, but that's just details.) And then the last rows are: purl 2 rows, knit 2 rows, purl 3 rows, knit 2 rows, purl 4 rows, done. I'm finally on the purl 3 rows section. The end is in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment