Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hadn't thought of that...

Trial is Monday. Sabrina being my first kiddo, I hadn't thought about the fact that the judge could rule that Sabrina's mom wasn't neglectful, and Sabrina could go home with her. Wilma says that this is not a cut and dry case, so there's no way to guess which way the judge will go. If the judge rules in mom's favor, I guess I'll be packing her stuff for her. Exciting for her, though I don't know if the rats that Sabrina talks about in her "old house" mean in her mom's current house or if they moved in the last year, and I don't like to think about her going to a house with rats.

But trial won't actually be Monday. I don't want to give away too much about where I live, but let me just say that the forecast is for snow. So much snow that in a school system that has had no snow days in the last 3 years (even though every surrounding jurisdiction has had snow days) because of the belief that we shouldn't take away any instructional time if there is any way to avoid it, school is closing early tomorrow. If there really is as much snow as is predicted, court won't be open on Monday.

In the meantime, Sabrina's dad has taken care of his outstanding warrant, so the ICPC petition can be re-opened.

Things are moving forward...



No comments:

Post a Comment