Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Waiting, waiting, waiting

Sorry folks for the 27th post today. This is one that can't go on Twitter because too long, and can't go on Facebook because involves one of the people I'm friends with, but I just want to get it out there in the world. (I clearly need a best friend.)

There's this job that I applied for back the week before Thanksgiving. I learned of the job when I was still working (late August? early September?) but it took a long time for the job to be posted. Then there was a round of interviews for people who had been RIF'ed (reduction in force) from the local government due to this year's budget issues; my job didn't count because it was a political job. This last bit of knowledge I got from my friend who is totally looking out for me.

Just now I called the boss (agency head) and asked how the hiring process was going and if there was anything I could do to ease her concerns about my overqualification (which I know is an issue; she told my friend mentioned above that I'm "too smart for the job"). She said that it wouldn't be appropriate to talk outside the context of an interview, but that interviews are going to be next week, and she thought that her chief of staff (the friend on facebook) had started making calls to schedule those. She said that I should expect a call very soon, which I hope means that at least I will get the chance to ease concerns about being too smart for the job!

Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I get to have the interview!


No comments:

Post a Comment