Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Now I understand...

...why it is that The Agency didn't want me to go to the (waste of time) orientation session for prospective foster parents until I had actually moved into my current apartment. I thought it was that they didn't want to waste their own time in case I didn't move.

No, that wasn't it.

It was because they know that they aren't smart enough to update addresses completely.

When I went to the orientation, my zip code was xxxx9. Now it is xxxx7. Never mind that I've lived here now for 18 months. Never mind that I've gotten mail from The Agency with the correct zip code. Never mind that I've been called by people in three different departments over the last 18 months asking me to confirm my zip code.

My zip code is still in the system wrong. And this, my friends, is why I haven't gotten my checks for the last two months (although I did get the notice from the accounting department saying that the December check had been sent).

No comments:

Post a Comment